Sunday, September 13, 2009

Timpanogos Cave Sep 12, 2009

I made it. With lots of stops to catch my breath and let my legs rest. We loaded up the car and went to Timpanogos Cave in American Fork Canyon. We climbed 1.5 miles up ( seemed like 5 miles straight up) to reach three moderate sized limestone caves: Hansen Cave, Middle Cave, and Timpanogos Cave. They had dazzling helictites and anthodites in a variety of shapes and sizes. We climbed 1,092 feet in 1.5 mile zig zags to get to the caves. It was worth it but I was cursing Shane (GI Jane) all the way. He is the only one out of us 5 adults that is in shape. Sandy and I hung together. She just found out that the little bundle of joy she is carrying is a boy. I was very proud of my two boys. they made it all the way up and down without us having to carry them. This is a great stop if you are up to it. Stop music below before starting movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment